Monday, April 13, 2009

Shaun Slifer - Railbiking

1. The fact that I see a bicycle on a railroad track itself draws me to it. I see the picture of this invention and think it is a little bizarre, but cool.
2. It is compelling because this is an on-going project for one thing and I would like to see how this turns out. It is interesting to think that these two means of transportation are being used as one. There must have been a reason as to why this railroad is abandoned, whether its because there were no funds or it leads to nowhere, but it's interesting. It makes me conjure up questions.
3. One time this past summer, some new friends of mine had brought me to hang out on abandoned railroad tracks by a Tony's grocery store. I thought it was the coolest place ever. We had to climb up a slope which wasn't too bad but the way down was worse. When we got up there though, we started walking down the middle of the tracks and they seemed to go on forever. I wondered how far they went and how long they have been abandoned. It was a chill place to think.

Can you turn the bicycle around to ride it back to where you came from? What would be considered illicit for this particular project?

No comments:

Post a Comment